BMTC is issuing student concessional passes at a very concessional rate for the benefit of the student. Earlier student pass were issued in pre-printed cards.
Procedure for issuing Pre-Printed Cards.
In the existing system the students are required to provide the following documents
- Fee receipt of School/Colleges.
- Adhar Card/ Address proof
- College ID Card.
- Prescribed fee.
- Cast Certificate form for SC/ST Students.
Further they have to visit nearby bus station to get pass and have to wait in queue to get the Pass.
In this regard to avoid inconvenience caused to Student/Parents, during current academic year 2018-19 Student Concessional smart cards will be issued through School/Colleges.
Simplified procedure to obtain the smartcards through School/colleges.
- Student requests for bus pass in School/College through SATS.
- School authorities to enter it in SATS Software and collect processing fee.
Details of submission of Application and Passes for Primary and High School Students.
1. Role of Students :
- 1 to 7th Std : Students request for student passes along with prescribed processing fee of Rs. 150/- in the school.
- High School : Students willing to obtain passes should inform in the school and pay the pass amount to the post man at the time of delivery.
- PUC: Students request for student passes should submit the filled Application form along with prescribed fee in the College.
2. Role of Nodal officer of School/ College.
- Submit the application through Education Department SATS /PU online Portal of Students who requests for passes. Application submission procedure available in SATS application Home Page.
3. Role of BMTC.
- After receiving the application from the SATS/PU online portal, BMTC will Print the Smartcard based Passes.
- For the student of 1st Standard to 7th standard and PUC students Smart Card passes will be sent to the school/colleges through BMTC Staff and delivered in bundle to the respective school/college.
- High School student Smart Card passes will be delivered to their residential address through Post.
Details of 8th std to PUC Students pass rate.
Pass Rate (Rs)
Processing Fee+Insurance Fee+Postal Fee
High School Girls Students
Sc/ST High School Girls Students
High School Boys Students
Sc/ST High School Boys students
PUC Student Passes
SC/ST PUC Student Passes
Updated on: Friday, 15 June, 2018 - 19:26
ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು ಮಹಾನಗರ ಸಾರಿಗೆ ಸಂಸ್ಥೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಸಹಾಯಕ ಸಂಚಾರ ನಿರೀಕ್ಷಕ, ನಿರ್ವಾಹಕ, ಭದ್ರತಾ ರಕ್ಷಕ, ಕುಶಲಕರ್ಮಿ ತಾಂತ್ರಿಕ ಸಹಾಯಕ ಹಾಗೂ ಕಿರಿಯ ಸಹಾಯಕ-ಕಂ-ಡೇಟಾ ಎಂಟ್ರಿ ಆಪರೇಟರ್ ಹುದ್ದೆಗಳ ನೇಮಕಾತಿಗಾಗಿ ಹೊರಡಿಸಲಾಗಿದ್ದ ಜಾಹೀರಾತು ಸಂಖ್ಯೆ 1/2017, 2/2017 ದಿನಾಂಕ 5/12/2017 ಹಾಗೂ 1/2018, 2/2018 ದಿನಾಂಕ 23/3/2018 ರನ್ವಯ ಅರ್ಜಿ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿರುವ ಅಭ್ಯಗಳಿಗೆ ಈ ಕೆಳಕಂಡ ದಿನಾಂಕಗಳಂದು ಸಾಮಾನ್ಯ ಸಾಮಥ್ರ್ಯ ಪರೀಕ್ಷೆಯನ್ನು ನಡೆಸಲಾಗುತ್ತದೆ.
ಸಾಮಾನ್ಯ ಸಾಮಥ್ರ್ಯ ಪರೀಕ್ಷೆ ನಡೆಸಲಾಗುವ
ದಿನಾಂಕ ಮತ್ತು ಸಮಯ
ಮದ್ಯಾಹ್ನ 02-00 ರಿಂದ 04-00 ಗಂಟೆಯವರೆಗೆ
ಸಹಾಯಕ ಸಂಚಾರ ನಿರೀಕ್ಷಕ, ನಿರ್ವಾಹಕ, ಭದ್ರತಾ ರಕ್ಷಕ ಮತ್ತು ಕಿರಿಯ ಸಹಾಯಕ-ಕಂ-ಡೇಟಾ ಎಂಟ್ರಿ ಆಪರೇಟರ್
ಬೆಳಿಗ್ಗೆ 10-00 ರಿಂದ 12-00 ಗಂಟೆಯವರೆಗೆ
ಮದ್ಯಾಹ್ನ 02-00 ರಿಂದ 04-00 ಗಂಟೆಯವರೆಗೆ
ಮೇಲ್ಕಾಣಿಸಿದ ಜಾಹೀರಾತಿನನ್ವಯ ಅರ್ಜಿ ಸಲ್ಲಿಸಿರುವ ಅಭ್ಯಗಳು ಸಾಮಾನ್ಯ ಸಾಮಥ್ರ್ಯ ಪರೀಕ್ಷೆಯ ಪ್ರವೇಶ ಪತ್ರ (ಊಚಿಟಟ ಛಿಞಜಣ ) ವನ್ನು ಸಂಸ್ಥೆಯ ವೆಬ್ಸೈಟ್ www.mybmtc.com ಮೂಲಕ ದಿನಾಂಕ 3/6/2018 ರಿಂದ 9/6/2018ರ ಅವಧಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ಮುದ್ರಿಸಿಕೊಂಡು ಪ್ರವೇಶ ಪತ್ರದಲ್ಲಿ ಸೂಚಿಸಲಾಗಿರುವ ದಿನಾಂಕ, ಸಮಯ ಹಾಗೂ ದಾಖಲೆಗಳೊಂದಿಗೆ ಪರೀಕ್ಷಾ ಸ್ಥಳದಲ್ಲಿ ತಪ್ಪದೇ ಹಾಜರಾಗುವುದು.
Updated on: Saturday, 2 June, 2018 - 15:07
BMTC with an objective to reduce traffic congestion and air pollution is observing “Less Traffic Day” on second Sunday of every month and the main motto of this campaign is to encourage travelling public to use public transport instead of personalized mode of transport.
First “Less Traffic Day” is observed on 11th of February 2018 and henceforth second Sunday of every month is observed as “Less Traffic Day”.
On this day in order to provide necessary transport facilities to the travelling public additional services will be provided in densely populated areas based on the demand of the public.
Further, on this day to encourage public transport Rs. 70/- daily pass is issued for Rs. 65/- by providing concession of Rs.5/-.
Updated on: Friday, 9 February, 2018 - 17:29
The Award aims to enhance learning and knowledge sharing from innovative procurement practices adopted in South Asian Countries. The Award programme is being held on 05-02-2018 at the Fifth South Asia Region Public Procurement Conference, New Delhi. Hence all the procurement entities of Government of India and State Governments can participate in the programme to make it a grand success.
Updated on: Saturday, 3 February, 2018 - 13:18
BMTC has reduced Vajra and Vayuvajra fares as a 2018 New Year Gift to its commuters. The details are as below:-
1. Vajra Air Conditioned Services fare has been reduced upto 37% on trail basis w.e.f: 01.01.2018.
2. Vayuvajra Fares of the schedules operated from Mekhri Circle, Hebbala, Esteem Mall, Kogilu Cross, has been reduced w.e.f: 01.01.2018.
3. Fare of Rs. 100/- is introduced for the commuters travelling from Hunasamarnahalli to Kempegowda International Airport
4. Group Discount of 15 % for the commuters travelling in a group of 3 or more in Vayuvajra Services operating on route no: KIAS-8 from Kempegowda International Airport to Electronic city only.
As stated in serial no: 1 Vajra fares has been revised w.e.f: 01.01.2018 on trial basis for one month and the stage wise reduction of fares is from 5% to 37%, and average fare reduction is 29%. This fare revision will be extended for 1 month more i.e., till 28.02.2018.
Updated on: Thursday, 1 February, 2018 - 15:04
To provide better and efficient transport facilities and to encourage more commuters to travel in public transport, 15 % group discount for the commuters travelling in a group of 3 or more than 3 people in Vayuvajra services has been implemented w.e.f: 27.01.2018 on trail basis as below:
1. Group Discount of 15 % for the commuters travelling in group of 3 or more than 3 people in Vayuvajra Services.
2. This discount is applicable for the commuters who purchase tickets in KIAL BMTC counter only.
3. In first phase, this discount is applicable for route no: KIAS-8 operated from Kempegowda International Airport to Electronic city only.
4. Group Discount will be extended to all Vayuvajra commuters in coming days.
Updated on: Monday, 29 January, 2018 - 16:10
· Reduction in Vajra fares :-
1. Upto 37 % reduction in the existing fares of the Vajra Air Conditioned Services.
2. Revision of fares will be continued based on the positive response from commuters.
· Reduction in Vayuvajra fares :
1. Vayuvajra Fares of the schedules operated from Mekhri Circle, Hebbala,
Esteem Mall, Kogilu Cross, is reduced and revised as below :-
Existing Fare in Rs.*
Revised Fare in Rs.*
* Fares Excluding GST of 5 % and the Toll Fee of Rs.12 per head.
Further Information Please visit Press release page.
Updated on: Tuesday, 2 January, 2018 - 18:30
Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation Checking staff during the Month of August-2017 have checked 23065 trips and penalized 7265 ticketless passengers by collecting Rs. 10,89,650/- as penalty and booked 2039 cases against conductor’s for their dereliction of duty. During the aforesaid period the Checking Staff have penalized 365 male passengers occupying seats exclusively reserved for lady passengers & imposed fine of Rs. 36,500/- in accordance with KMV Rules 94 r/w section 177 of MV Act 1988.
Updated on: Friday, 15 September, 2017 - 16:36
Bengaluru Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC), has bagged prestigious BW Businessworld Digital India 2017 Award in BMTC Mobile Application category. Sri Ravishankar Prasad, Hon’ble Union Minister, Govt.of India presented the award to Corporation during the award ceremony held at Hotel Taj, New Delhi. This is BMTC’s 105th Award.
Updated on: Saturday, 27 May, 2017 - 10:54
During the Month of February-2017 Checking staff of Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation have checked 20630 trips and penalized 7054 ticketless passengers by collecting Rs. 11,11,180/- as penalty and booked 2175 cases against conductor’s for their dereliction of duty. During the aforesaid period the Checking Staff have penalized 279 male passengers occupying seats exclusively reserved for lady passengers & imposed fine of Rs. 27,900/- in accordance with KMV Rules 94 r/w section 177 of MV Act 1988.
Updated on: Friday, 24 March, 2017 - 13:44
Bengaluru Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC), has bagged Association of State Road Transport Undertakings (ASRTU) Productivity Award in STU for the year 2015-16.
Updated on: Friday, 17 March, 2017 - 16:58
Arrivals and Departures of the Flights have been stopped between 10.A.M to 5.P.M on account of renovation and Maintenance work being undertaken in Runway in Kempegowda International Airport from 19.02.2017 to 30.04.2017. In view of this, BMTC in order to provide the better transport facilities for the convenience of the travelling public, has changed the timings of the vayu vajra schedules. Totally 91 schedules will be operated in the changed timings with effect from 19.02.2017. Timing details of the Routes of the revised vayuvajra schedules is as below. These Change timings of will be in operational for the Period 19.02.2017 to 30.04.2017.Commuters can avail the above Information in BMTC website, www.mybmtc.com.
Updated on: Thursday, 16 February, 2017 - 11:05
Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation is introducing 23 Volvo Metro feeder services with 229 single trips from Swami Vivekananda Metro Station to ITPL with a frequency of every 5 minutes from 16.02.2017 and also operating 16 Ordinary Metro feeder schedules with 94 trips, for the benefit of travelling public in East west corridor of Namma Metro. Further to make BMTC commuter friendly and to overcome change problem BMTC has introduced special daily pass amounting Rs. 80/- (Rs.85/- including Rs. 5/- service tax) daily pass and monthly pass of Rs. 1500/- (Rs.1590/- including Rs. 90/- service tax) for the travelling public in the above said Volvo metro feeder services.
Updated on: Thursday, 16 February, 2017 - 10:28
BMTC has been conferred with Volvo Sustainability Mobility Award 2016 for “Route planning for efficient mobility” initiative during the 8th Volvo Nobel Memorial Seminar held at New Delhi
Updated on: Wednesday, 18 January, 2017 - 15:28
BMTC has been conferred with BW Smart Cities Conclave & Award 2016 award during the Summit in New Delhi. BMTC’s Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) initiative services were chosen amongst the top projects promoting sustainable mobility in India.
Updated on: Wednesday, 18 January, 2017 - 15:27
BMTC has been conferred with Skoch Platinum award and “Order-of-Merit" for mobility award during the 46th Skoch Summit in New Delhi. Seven of BMTC’s initiatives including labour welfare measures, Intelligent Transport system and mobile application, women safety, bus service for the poor at a discounted rate and implementation of Trunk and feeder serviceswere chosen amongst the top 100 projects promoting sustainable mobility in India. Further 5 initiatives were selected for Platinum award.
Updated on: Wednesday, 18 January, 2017 - 15:26
BMTC is issuing special 10 day passes of Rs. 500/- temporarily which is valid from 15.11.2016 to 24.11.2016. Public can obtain these passes by paying the existing currencies of different denominations and can also obtain by paying Rs.500 and Rs.1000/- notes which are withdrawn by GOI. Commuters are allowed to travel unlimited in all ordinary services except in Air Conditioned services.
Updated on: Wednesday, 16 November, 2016 - 15:02
During the Month of August-2016 the Checking staff of Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation have checked 23913 trips and penalized 7422 ticketless passengers by collecting Rs. 12,13,330/- as penalty and booked 2739 cases against conductor’s for their dereliction of duty. During the aforesaid period the Checking Staff have penalized 491 male passengers occupying seats exclusively reserved for lady passengers & imposed fine of Rs. 49,100/- in accordance with KMV Rules 94 r/w section 177 of MV Act 1988.
Updated on: Thursday, 22 September, 2016 - 16:58
Greentech Safety Award 2016
BMTC bagged, Greentech Foundation, New Delhi’s Greentech Safety Award 2016-Silver Award in Public Utility Services Sector for outstanding achievements in Safety Management.The Award was presented at the award ceremony on 30-8-2016 at Goa. Sri Francis Dezoja, Hon’ble Deputy Chief Minister of Goa, presented the award to BMTC which was received by Sri B.V.Srinivasa, Deputy Chief Traffic Manager and Sri P.M.Chidambara, Divisional Traffic Officer.
Updated on: Friday, 2 September, 2016 - 15:02
BMTC wins prestigious mBillionth South Asia 2016, Awards for Intelligent Transport System (Mobile App) for increasing the reliability and efficiency in public Transport system & prestigious “CMO ASIA Smart Cities Awards 2016 for Smart Transport Initiative (ITS & Mobile APP) and Smart Waste Management Initiative
Updated on: Tuesday, 9 August, 2016 - 15:47