BMTC is providing efficient, reliable, safe and comfortable transport to the travelling public of Bangalore city. BMTC has initiated many commuter friendly schemes to cater the needs of commuters. To provide efficient transport facilities and to promote public transport BMTC has taken up many initiatives. Further, to encourage more people to travel in BMTC buses and also to use public transport, BMTC is reducing Vajra and Vayuvajra fares as a New Year Gift to its commuters. The details are as below :-
· Reduction in Vajra fares :-
1. Upto 37 % reduction in the existing fares of the Vajra Air Conditioned Services.
2. Revision of fares will be continued based on the positive response from commuters.
· Reduction in Vayuvajra fares :
1. Vayuvajra Fares of the schedules operated from Mekhri Circle, Hebbala,
Esteem Mall, Kogilu Cross, is reduced and revised as below :-
Existing Fare in Rs.*
Revised Fare in Rs.*
* Fares Excluding GST of 5 % and the Toll Fee of Rs.12 per head.
2. Fare of Rs. 100/- is introduced for the commuters travelling from Hunasamarnahalli to
Kempegowda International Airport
· Group Discout in Vayuvajra services :-
1. It is proposed to give 15 % group discount for the Commuters travelling in a group of
three or more.
2. In first phase, this discount will be given for the tickets booked through POS machines at
3. Group Discount will be extended to all Vayuvajra commuters in coming days.
4. The date of implementation of Group Discount will be intimated shortly.